Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Cards from Africa

Well after the excitement of last week, and my new baby. I thought i should post some pics from my time in Rwanda.

So my last day there the DTS team moved from theplace we had been working with over to the YWAM base in Kigali. One of the guys on staff has this ministry called Cards from Africa. It's located just down the road from the YWAM base so I walked down there right before i had to go to the airport.
This little guy followed me all the way down there holding my hand. It was really cool once i got there. They have this nice building where all the youth work.

Their mission is to employ orphaned youth of Rwanda, and teach them about business and to give them fair wages. Our YWAM base in California sent me with 50$ so that we could sell some cards in our storefront, and hopefully continue supporting them. They had worship music playing as there were probably about 30 youth sitting at 6 tables working on cards. They make all of their cards from recycled paper. You can actually see on their web page how they make the paper.

Once i got their i asked them if i could take some pictures of them working. It was fun going around and taking their pictures. Some of them were shy as i started taking their picture. Then i would show them their picture on the back of my camera and their faces would light up. It was a really good time. And a great last day in Rwanda. I'll post some other stuff tomorrow...

1 comment:

philter said...

I love it when I am walking down the street in another country and the kids just take your hand and walk with you. I would love it here too, but it don't happen. Thanks for the call bro, I will call you back soon.

Later my lovely Will