Friday, May 18, 2007

Our new baby....

So we got a new baby and her name is Taylor. She is made out of sweet sitka spruce and sapele wood. She's a beauty...and here are some sweet pictures of her...


So it was such a good deal. It all started this morning. I just got back from Rwanda on Wednesday night. Yesterday was kind of a blur and so i thought i'd call my friend Jeremy and see what he was up to, maybe go and catch up at Starbucks. He didn't answer, but called back and told me he had amazing news. That he was at the guitar store and that i needed to come see this guitar.

So apparently the first time i called he was talking to the guitar store guy...his name is butch. Jeremy was in the middle of telling butch that the guitar would be perfect for me and then i was calling him. So i went down and looked at it. It was really nice. It was on sale for a really good price. So I came home and talked to lori about it. You can read about the conversation on her blog here. i'm definitely going to have to take her out somewhere nice or something like that.

I've been wanting a nicer guitar for a couple of years now. I had been playing a samick for a while. Then when me and lori got married i've been playing her samick which was a little bit better than mine. It had a pickup and was a cutaway. But you could tell in the sound that it wasn't the most expensive guitar. But it has served us faithfully over the years. We've used it for a ton of worship times. It's been to mexico, and canada. It's gone lot's of places. I'm so excited for this new guitar. I thank jesus for this sweet new guitar and the blessing it's going to be.

So thank you jesus for the sweet new guitar.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Put it to good use....and don't forget to write Lori a song! :)

Anonymous said...

nice guitar. you need to come to my house and record some sweet songs with that. thanks for asking, I am feeling much better. I'm coming to surf with you soon. Maybe in July. Peace.