Monday, February 21, 2011

Music Monday - OK Go

Music Monday this week features OK Go with their song "This Too Shall Pass." OK Go is originally from Chicago, Illinois but now, like almost every band/star, they reside in Los Angeles. When you think about it though, who wouldn't want to live in California? Besides all the debt in California, it really is a beautiful place to live!

I first heard about OK Go a year or two ago with their song "Here It Goes Again." These guys are super creative when it comes to their music videos. The music video for "Here It Goes Again" is the band doing a crazy dance to the song on treadmills.

Then last year sometime I saw their video for this weeks song "This Too Shall Pass." After I decided to feature OK Go on Music Monday this week, I thought I would really check out the lyrics for this song. Some of the lyrics from the song say;

You know you can't keep letting it get you down
And you can't keep dragging that dead weight around
Is it really all that much to lug around

Sadly, a lot of us do this. We keep all this dead weight on us, and things keep piling up on us until we feel like we can't take it anymore. There have been some times where this has been so true for me. What has helped me in these times, is I give these things to Jesus. I lay them down, and try to keep moving forward. I don't want to pick up the things that have held me down. Psalm 55:22 says;
Pile your troubles on God's shoulders—
He'll carry your load, he'll help you out.
He'll never let good people
topple into ruin. (the message)

I'm not sure if this is there were going for when they wrote the song, but it's what I'm getting out of it. So in the words of OK Go;
Oh, you can't keep letting it get you down,
No, You can't keep letting it get you down!

No comments: