Friday, April 30, 2010

Pictures To Save Pictures...

A couple of weeks ago, in an attempt to quickly see what my son was up to. I tripped over a cord connected to my laptop and knocked my external hard drive off of my night stand. It only fell about a foot, onto a backpack, but it no longer works. I've taken it to several people and the only hope there is for my hard drive is to send it to San Francisco, and have these guys take it into their clean room and fix my hard drive.

The mac superstore gave me their number, I called them and after their diagnosis, the told me they had great news. Because all that was on my hard drive was jpeg's, so I qualify for the jpeg discount. "Sweet," I though to myself. Then the guy on the other end of the phone said, with your 10% referral discount and jpeg program, it will only be $950.00. Wait a second, I though he said he had good news for me.

Because this hard drive has all of Eli's baby pictures, and a ton of pictures from around the world, we've decided to do it. Well to cover the cost of the hard drive repair I've decided to try and sell some of my pictures to save my pictures. I've been trying to decide which one's i want to put online. I'm going to try and create a site, but here are some that i'm considering. If your interested in any of these photo's at all, let me know.








4 comments:

m. christine weber said...

I don't know why, but for some reason the words in your post aren't showing up for me. Ergh. I assume you were saying something about how your hard-drive broke on the long trip between the table and your backpack ;-). Anyhoo...I love the photos. I think in another life I was meant to be a photographer. An awesome one like you. But for now, I'll just admire. And feel jealous ;-).

m. christine weber said...

Also, I want that guy's cool white body suit. He's kind of like a super-clean G.I. Joe character.

Paul said...

I know it was big bucks, but I am so glad you got these incredible pictures back!

Daniella said...

Oh man! That happened to us with all of Jonathan's baby pictures... except our hard-drive got a virus that killed them all. I'm glad you were able to recover them and I hope you get lots of money for the prints. You're a great photographer!